Friday, January 25, 2013

Let's chat about mustaches...

I. Hate. Them.

They're so... hairy and gross. They get food stuck in them. They smell. They itch my face whenever Hank Jr. tries to kiss me. It gets all in the way.
But for some reason, he LOVES his mustache. No matter how hard I try, that thing isn't going anywhere except down the sides of his lip (which he likes to constantly twist upward). 

The worst part about it is... 
it's kinda my fault it's there.

It all started out with the whole "no shave November" crap and so naturally, he had to partake in the event. So I survived November with "The Beard" but as soon as December first rolled around, you can only imagine my excitement. Our conversation went a little something like this:
Me: Good job babe, you can successfully grow a full beard! Now it's December and time to shave it off!
Him: No! I like it and I'm going to keep it forever!
Me: Seriously?!? I thought this thing was only here for November!?!?? I can't go out in public with a grizzly bear! 
Him: Too bad then... because this thing is going nowhere. 

And then days go by and it turns into weeks... it is still here. So after FINALLY getting sick of hearing me whine about it, he shaved. He shaved it all off...
EXCEPT THE MUSTACHE.
ok... so that's what I get for being an annoyance? SERIOUSLY?!
I was so happy to finally see his beautiful cheeks again and then "The 'Stache" appeared and it's been growing in full force ever sense. At first, I decided he looked like this guy from some dumb cartoon show that was randomly on one night:


But after further speculations, I have finally come to the realization of what this whole thing is about:


He thinks he is Ron Burgundy.


I miss his soft, clean shaven, beautiful upper lip. 
Hank, if you're reading this, I still love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment