Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Babies, Birthdays, Hat Parties, Croquet Games and Such

The past few weeks, my schedule has been obnoxiously busy.
The word "available" has started to make me cringe and I get super bad anxiety.

"Are you available tonight?"
"Are you available this Friday through Sunday?"
"Are you available next Wednesday all day?"
"Are you available next November 23?"
ok... you get the point.

Not to mention the three families I already sit for on the reg...
My biggest problem is... I hate saying no.
I also hate canceling on people.
So you can only imagine the stress running through my mind last week when my entire calendar on my phone was randomly GONE. Literally.
I PUT EVERY DATE, JOB, EVENT, ETC. ON THERE AND IT WAS ALL GONE.
I almost threw up. 
To make matters worse... I kept getting asked if I was "available" BUT I HAD NO IDEA IF I WAS OR NOT.
So my worst nightmare came true, in fact several times, when I finally figured out how to get my calendar back. 
I had to change around my nanny schedule to suit other things such as a MATH test (which I had completely forgot about), I doubled booked myself for evening jobs, had to cancel on one, and find someone to replace me, canceled two days with my oldest nanny clients in which she had asked me about a loooong time ago... because I made plans to visit my grandparents.  

Seriously..........
Sometimes I think people forget I actually have a life.

But don't fret...
I still get to have my fun.

March 27 was my Birthday. For once, I actually took the day off. I was soooo looking forward to having absolutely nothing to do all day and just relax.
BUT... that's not exactly how it went.
Since my birthday began at midnight, Hank and I went to mojo's to have a drink.
"A DRINK" quickly turned into me being tricked into taking a Chartreuse shot once the clocked struck 12. 
Post Chartreuse
Let me just say for those of you who don't know what that is... stay far, far away.
And if you do happen to get forced into taking one... don't. It is NOT "just like whiskey".
I was drunk for the next 12 hours.
So on my actual birthday, it wasn't until I had a glass of wine and walked around the mall for awhile until I finally felt normal again. Later that night, we celebrated at Al's Pizza then walked across the street to Blacksheep for drinks. All in all, it turned out to be an awesome birthday.

Hattie was so thrilled
Mandis' delicious surprise at dinner
Blacksheep
I have the best sister

From my birthday on was pretty much a weekend full of fun. Hank Jr.'s mom cooked us a fabulous surf and turf dinner... we had Hurricanes with my dad... and on Saturday, we got to dress up like preppy bitches in big hats and drink free beer for a few hours while listening to live music and enjoying the beautiful weather:



The following day was Easter Sunday, so clearly the party continued. 
Hank Jr.'s mom hosts a big lawn party. We spent the day drinking Bloody Mary's and beer, "playing" croquet (I lost severely) and of course celebrating our Lord. 


Next week, I am taking the whole week off of work and going to visit my grandparents with Hank while he takes a course for his job. Needless to say, I am extremely excited.







No comments:

Post a Comment