Saturday, February 23, 2013

Successful Saturday

A.K.A
Mandi and I survived yet another overnight/day with the twins.
(and for those of you who don't know... 'the twins' = two 3year olds and two 9month olds. 
Yup, alllll from the same fam.)

It all started yesterday around 10 a.m. Mandi was still getting her shit together while I had arrangements to meet with half of our clients. Granted, they were asleep when I arrived
but of course, the moment their primary caretakers left the house, they awoke from their slumbers. 
They felt my presence... I just know it.

As I proceeded to feed them their gourmet lunch of cheerios, grinded up chicken and mac&cheese, some almond butter sammies and a buddy fruit, Hayes and Mandi showed up to relieve me only so I could go pick up the other half of our cliental. 
When I got back home from picking the older boys up from Pre-K... it was strictly nap time, as Hayes, Mandles and I had important business to attend to:
INSANITY.
They are die hard insanitarians. This was only my second time.

With the older 2 in bed, we caged the babes in the "playroom" and began what would soon be the death of us. 
After 40 minutes of heart-wrenching cardio, we were nasty, sweaty, and hungry.
Of course, we had to wait for the munchkins to wake before we could go anywhere... 
but when they FINALLY did (around 5pm) we packed up the troops and went straight to Players Grille.
All 4 kiddos were SO well behaved... it was unbelievable. 
Nothing else cool happened that night... we put all twinzies to bed and watched a couple movies.

Only to be woken up the next morning at 6.a.m.

I mean seriously... I haven't woken up that early since the 7th grade.
But hey, what are you supposed do when all 4 kids wake up ready party?

(very)Long day short, Moondles, Hayes and I took the twinsomes to the Avenues Mall.
After we all ate our fair share of Chick-fil-a, Subway, and Mandarin Express
we headed for Forever 21. 
To the public, I am sure it seemed as if Mandi was a mother of 2 baby twins, and Hayes and I both brought along our 3 year old sons as some sort of "play-date".
All went well until Hayes's child (for the day) and my child (for the moment) started stripping clothes from the hangers and looking up the mannequins skirt while proceeding to kick each other in the shins and screaming as loud as they could.
Needless to say..
it was time to go.

By the time we got home, it was 2 p.m. and to be honest... I couldn't tell who needed a nap more:  Moonsie and I or the boys and babies.
 As soon as we walked in the door, all hell broke loose. 
I won't go in to detail but it was not pretty on both accounts. 
But fear not... it was a quiet house by 2:30.
And it was all smooth sailing from there.

So here we are now... 10:10 p.m. sitting on the couch enjoying a TALL glass (or bottle) of Pinot, eating our weight in cookies and popcorn while watching our 2nd movie of the night.
Don't believe me? 
See for yourself:




No comments:

Post a Comment